Carbon reduction for industries, municipalities and sports clubs
The European Union has set a clear target: 55% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions by 2030 and climate neutrality by 2050. This is an ambitious goal that has implications for entire industries, but also for municipalities and sports clubs in the implementation of their sports infrastructure projects. It is important to note that we need to do this not only to comply with regulations, but also to take care of the environment itself. Moreover, working on CO2 reduction activities can bring cost savings in the long run. Demonstrating that you manage to reduce your carbon emissions can give you a competitive advantage and a good reputation.
We are making real efforts on carbon reduction
To help you meet the EU targets and your own carbon reduction goals, we have drawn up a CO2 reduction strategy in which we apply various actions to reduce our carbon footprint. In doing so, we are guided by certificates from climate-neutral and the CO2 Performance Ladder. You can only obtain certification by these bodies if you prove that you are taking action. So by choosing us, you can be sure that your artificial grass was produced in a carbon responsible organisation.
How we reduce carbon emissions in our artificial turf production
There are different steps we follow to reduce our carbon emissions during the production of our artificial grass products.
Measure our current carbon footprint: 2332 tonnes of CO2 in 2022
Set up reduction targets until 2030
Set up an action plan to annually reduce our CO2 emissions on Scope 1 + 2 + 3
Offsetting excess emissions through carbon reducing project
Monitoring and reporting our efforts
How we reduce carbon emissions on product level
Our commitment to reducing carbon emissions extends to offering products specifically designed to support this mission. We focus on CO2 reduction at product level. This is done in the raw materials, including yarns and backings. In addition, our performance infill make a significant contribution to reducing the carbon footprint. Importantly, we keep the quality for the player high. Striking a balance between player performance and sustainability permeates every aspect of our offering. This eco-friendly approach allows us not only to deliver superior products, but also to make a tangible impact on CO2 reduction, step by step.
What does our complete sustainability policy look like?
Feel free to contact us
Do you want to know more about our carbon reduction strategy?
Complete the form and our representative will contact you shortly:
Frequently asked questions
Why is carbon removal important?
The greenhouse effect is the biggest driver of climate change. Greenhouse gases trap heat from the sun inside, preventing it from reaching space, this causes global warming. Many greenhouse gases occur from nature, but their concentrations increase significantly due to human influence. The biggest factor is CO2. To stop warming, this must be reduced drastically. To stop warming completely, net global CO2 emissions must reach zero.
Source: Causes of climate change. (s.d.). Climate Action. https://climate.ec.europa.eu/climate-change/causes-climate-change_en.
What is a carbon footprint simple definition?
This is the total amount of greenhouse gases released directly or indirectly by an individual, organisation, event, product, or activity. This is usually expressed in KG or tonnes of CO2. Measuring its carbon footprint is a way of quantifying its impact on the environment and to see what can be improved. The carbon footprint includes scope 1, scope 2 and scope 3 emissions.
Source: The Greenhouse Gas Protocol. (s.d.). http://pdf.wri.org/ghg_protocol_2004.pdf.
How does reducing CO2 help the environment?
Reducing your carbon emissions offers multiple environmental benefits. This is crucial due to its substantial impact on various environmental aspects such as global climate change, public health, and biodiversity conversation, but also on the global economy. Actively implementing CO2 reduction measures contributes to better air quality, cleaner water and healthier food. These positive changes not only benefit the present generation but also lay the foundation for improved environmental conditions for generations to come.
What are the benefits of reducing CO2?
CO2 reduction offers several benefits. These are mainly on the aspects of human health and environmental well-being. The biggest advantages are:
- Better air quality and healthier airways: CO2 reduction results in a decrease in harmful particles released into the air. Essentially, this enhances air quality, leading to healthier airways and a reduction in illnesses, ultimately contributing to overall well-being.
- Less pollution: Carbon emissions are a contributor to air pollution, which posing a threat to entire ecosystems. Consequently, CO2 reduction leads to a decrease in the negative impact on plants, animals, and ecosystems. This supports biodiversity and maintains ecological balance.
- Regulatory compliance: Some regions already have strict regulations in place to limit carbon emissions. By actively do carbon reduction activities, industries, organisations, individuals, and municipalities can comply to these environmental regulations.
- Energy efficiency: This is a result of CO2 reduction measures on energy supplies. Most organisations make the transition to install their own solar panels to produce their own energy. This leads eventually to cost savings.
- Positive economic impact: Sustainable practices involves in the development of new green technology and industries. This creates more job opportunities and contributing to the economic growth.